Worddddd uppppppp - first thing, Its hard for me to put up my pictures directly to my blog, but if you give me your email I can invite you to see my albums through my gmail account so easy. dtzortzis@gmail.com so get at me
Back from Morocco what a place! Not what I expected at all, so much more life in Africa than I thought. Stayed in Merekesh for the majority of the time with 3 other great people, Jack, Kirstin, and Meghan. We hit up the open market the first day, the most wild place I have ever been. Snake charmers, monkeys, singers, dancers...anything that could be done to make a dollar they were doing and they totally wanted your dollar haha. It was like they say dollar signs when we rolled in, they just wanted our cash. At first we kinda got taken for some, but we smartened up and gave them that good ol American attitude haha.
We stayed at this placed called a Riad. It is like a converted house to a bed and breakfast. We were actually the only people in there so we got all the service. The place was a sickkkkk, I should be puttin the pics up soon. At night we had dinner overlooking the market, it had a Greek Festival feel, but with small shops were bartering was the name of the game. I got another soccer jersey for 100 durma, which is like 10 us dollaaaaas. They also had sick Nikes for like 20 us dollars, def bootleg but sick non-the-less. At night we hit up the bar scene and did the whole local thing.
Special note for Rosie right here - We went to a hookah bar son, I took mad pics for you, you would have loved it. During our hookah sesh belly dancers came out to intense techno music and danced all around our table. So sick, I was stuffin 20's into the panties...no big deal haha. It was your place man for sure.
Phil Ive been to two countries and still havent seen one person that parties anywhere close to as hard as you do haha. I think you have a world record, Id be a good judge to that. And your jokes work out here too haha
So Morocco, Great place and I think I would want to go back to see more, I would recommend it for a good off the grid trip, but you have to have wits of steal or you will get worked for every penny you own.
Jammin out to the Drought 3 right now, Justin Knowles whats up, read your 25 thoughts thing, miss you too buddy
LAterrrrr
Dean
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment