Currently in the Atlantic Ocean, on the way to Namibia. The boat life is interesting to say the least. Class takes place for about 2 hours at most a day, life is good. The rest of the day is spent drinking fruit coolatas and relaxin on the deck in the sun.Life is so hard on this boat haha.
I have started playing so much soccer on the boat to keep the skillllzzzz fresh haha. We have a solid group that plays 3v3 on the basketball court and yes I brag about my bros and our NCAA tournament status haha...I gotta do it.
Pub night is basically what everyone looks forward to, we have it every night at sea. Its a good place to meet people and have a few brewskis. We are allowed 2 drinks beer or wine at dinner, then 4 at pub night.Everyone gets a little loose and converses. We all know everyone comes out of the shell with a few drinks in them. However, I have yet to get all 6 drinks in one night. I feel like I can chat without it, totally different than real college life. I guess the boat is instilling social drinking and its really starting to work on everyone. I personally love it. I feel more mature and grown up I guess, its weird.
What can I say about the people on this boat. My friends that I have made are amazing, its like we have known each other for years. ITs funny how people with the same interests come together so easily. I have frequent talks about stocks, investing, the real estate market and much more. I have learned more talking to my buddies than I have in all my years in school. My buddy Jack is a stock genius...to put it into perspective he read an entire book just on Options. I have learned a bunch from him because he knows how to explain it to a 20 year old kid because he is one too. Its great.
To my family reading this, send your kids on this trip. They will grow in ways that you cant teach them. I have learned so much already and its just starting. I have seen kids beg in the streets, it really puts your life into perspective. The classroom is such a small part of life here its refreshing. Its not about the grades you get, but what you get from the ports we stop in. I have learned to learn every day, and that is the most important thing.
Peace and Love
Dean
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment